Annual Student Conference in International Business and Relations
An important place in the life of the department is occupied by the work with the students. It dates back to the first years of its establishment as a result of the imposed institutional policy and is reflected in the annual scientific-practical conference for students and doctoral students in the specialty "International Economic Relations".
The beginning of the student conference was set in 1996 on the idea and organization of Head Assistant Simeon Momchev, PhD and Prof.Ivan Stoykov, DSc. Initially, only third-year students majoring in International Economic Relations at Tsenov Academy of Economics were allowed to participate, and the research was focused on international investments.
Over the years, the conference has established itself as a place for scientific expression of students and doctoral students outside the classroom and provides an opportunity to break the formal relationship between lecturer and student. Gradually, the topic has expanded to cover all aspects of international economic relations.
Going beyond the Academy of Economics and the inclusion in 2014 of the department of the same name at University of Economics - Varna, and in 2015 of the Department of Economics at the University of Ruse "Angel Kanchev", gives students and teachers the opportunity to exchange experiences and ideas. The presented papers are published on the conference website www.mioconference.eu in an electronic edition with ISBN number.
- 17-19 April 2015: 19th scientific-practical conference entitled "Challenges for international business". 22 reports of students and doctoral students from three universities (Tsenov Academy of Economics, University of Economics - Varna and University of Ruse "A. Kanchev") were presented in five thematic areas. In order to strengthen relations and build long-term cooperation, the three departments signed a Memorandum of Cooperation.
- 22-24 April 2016: 20th Anniversary Student Conference< on "Global Challenges for International Business". A total of 36 people took part - 12 lecturers, 4 doctoral students and 20 students from 6 universities - the conference was attended by four foreign students from Russia, Armenia and Moldova, studying at the Academy of Economics under the Erasmus + program. 24 reports were presented in five thematic areas, and the discussions were presented in three languages - Bulgarian, Russian and English.
- 21-23 April 2017: 21st Student Conference on "Global and Regional Dimensions of International Economic Relations". 21 reports of students and doctoral students from three universities in five thematic areas were submitted.
- 27-29 April 2018: 22nd International Student Conference with 16 papers in five thematic areas. The conference was also attended by three Russian students from Kazan Federal University and Rostov State University of Economics, studying under the mobility program Erasmus + at Svishtov.
- 19-21 April 2019: The 23rd student conference gathered 30 participants from 3 Bulgarian and 4 foreign universities: from Kiev National University of Economics and Donetsk National University (Ukraine), from the State University of Economics in Rostov (Russia) and from the Russian-Armenian (Slavonic) State University (Armenia), and the working languages used at the conference were Bulgarian, English and Russian. The 25 papers submitted in four thematic areas went through an anonymous review procedure before being published in the traditional electronic collection on the conference website.
- June 2020: The 24th International Student Conference with 12 papers in five thematic areas. The scheduled period of the conference was April 24-26, 2020. In connection with the state of emergency imposed by the National Assembly due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19 infection, the event was held in absentia.
- 14 May 2021: The 25th international student conference with 38 papers in nine thematic areas from 4 Bulgarian and 4 foreign universities. The event was held remotely via the BigBlueButton platform.
- 20 May 2022: The 26th international student conference with 7 papers in five thematic areas from 3 Bulgarian and 2 foreign universities. The event was held jointly on site and remotely via the BigBlueButton platform.
- 13 May 2023: The 27th international student conference with 12 papers in four thematic areas from 3 Bulgarian universities. The event was held jointly on site and remotely via the BigBlueButton platform.
Visit conference's web page at mioconference.eu