Bachelor Programme in “International Business”
Professional area: Economy
The Bachelor Programme in “International Business” provides knowledge and skills for conducting international business, for career development and applying for job placements in international companies, for understanding different cultures and communicating in foreign languages in an efficient way.
The programme is in accordance with the best practices in leading foreign universities in the field of instruction in International Business.
The aim of the International Business programme is to prepare qualified specialists with appropriate knowledge and skills, able to operate in dynamic and multicultural environment. The programme includes the development of general theoretical and practical background.
The educational purposes are achieved through various methodological approaches such as lectures on specific issues, case studies, presentations, statistical and scientific research, academic writing, online surveys and etc.
Organization and length of study
The programme is full-time. It covers a four-year period of training, 8 semesters, 240 credits. The last semester includes subjects, pre-graduate practice (2 credits) and state exam (10 credits).
The courses taught in the programme provide knowledge in the following areas:
- Micro and Macro economics;
- International economics;
- Internationalization of the firm;
- International human resource management;
- International finance;
- Organization of international operations;
- International entrepreneurship;
- International marketing;
- European integration;
- Business negotiations in multicultural environment;
- International investments.
The graduates from the International Business programme possess practical skills to:
- analyze and evaluate the economic processes at national regional and global level;
- make managerial decisions based on market research and analysis;
- do process and market research using statistical, mathematical and econometric instruments;
- think creatively when doing business on international markets;
- manage the relations between the participants in various business operations in the European and international markets;
- communicate in a foreign language environment incl. business negotiations, discussions and preparing documents in a foreign language;
- give support in the field of international business to public organizations and regional communities;
- make financial and investment decisions in international business operations.
- Specialists in international investment;
- Specialists in foreign trade and foreign exchange operations;
- International credit experts, brokers or dealers;
- European business consultants;
- Sales representatives abroad;
- Specialists in foreign trade and financial departments of companies with international activities;
- Consultants / experts in international organizations and others.
Degree and professional qualification
The graduates from the International Business programme acquire the educational and qualification degree "BACHELOR IN ECONOMICS".
- EU and EEA applicants
- Non-EU applicants